If You're Paying for Riding Lessons, Think Again
Challenge yourself! Bring your horsemanship to the next level in just one month LIVE online! Work through your Mentor Series course material with other Club Members under Dennis' supervision, earn points, and get a
1) Upgrade to Platinum membership for $180 per month - We require a 3 month commitment so that we will have the time we need to help you improve!
2) Send videos (so easy to do!) for the Mentor Series course you are working on. We'll give you the dates to send your class work, the tasks in your course you should show on your video, and the time allotted for each set of tasks. Each happens Platinum membership is scheduled in four week blocks. Each Mentor Series course has four classes: Round Pen, Ground School, Mounted, and Mounted Refined. The first week is dedicated to Round Pen tasks from each of the four Mentor Series courses. The second week is dedicated to Ground School, the third week for Mounted work, and the fourth for Mounted Refined work. The course you are working in will determine the night of the week your video will be evaluated and scored.
3) On the night of the L.O.V.E. CLASS (Live Online Video Evaluations) for your course (Freedom, Awareness, Movement, or Horseman) you'll log on and watch your video as well as your peers' videos.
4) You'll get feedback and help with the skills you showed in your video. You'll also get a score (1 to 10) from Dennis and Reis Ranch instructors. If you get a 7 or better on all the tasks required for a particular level, you'll be endorsed to begin working on the next level. You'll also get to ask Dennis and the Reis Ranch instructor's questions about your horsemanship and chat with other members.
Classes are held Tuesday–Wednesday and Thursday Evenings
1) You MUST be a No Dust Member or above
2) You MUST begin your videotaped coursework at the beginning and work in the order the Mentor Series courses are presented. To move to the next course, you must be endorsed by a Reis Ranch instructor with a score of 7 or better for each individual task. You will earn scores for each task you demonstrate in your videos. A 5 or above is required to pass a class. A 7 or above on each task is required to move to the next level. Dennis and the Reis Ranch instructors recommend you get a 9 before moving to the next level.
3) You must own the Mentor Series Course you are demonstrating in your video.
No problem! Just upgrade from a $20.00 No Dust Club Member to a Gold Membership - Only an additional 44.99 a month with a 6 month commitment.
Four weeks is the time it takes to complete all 4 classes in one course level of the Mentor Series Home Study Course. Dates for the courses are detailed on our class calendar. L.O.V.E. classes meet every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening. When you sign up, we will let you know the deadline for sending your videos.
When a Dennis Reis and a Reis Ranch instructor watches your video, they evaluate the task you are demonstrating. They will tell you where your strengths lie and where you need improvement. Then they will offer suggestions to improve your skills on the task you demonstrate in your video. Dennis and the Reis Ranch instructors are here to help you move your horsemanship to the next level. If you are having trouble with a particular task, we will help you pass and move to the next level.
Dennis and two instructors will also grade the proficiency of each task in your video on a scale from 1 to 10. This score is based in the level of communication you have with your horse The high and low score will be discarded. The middle score is your endorsement. Remember, you need a 7 or better on each individual task to move to the next level.
The scores are NOT intended to promote competition between students. You are NOT being compared to anyone else when you receive a score! Horsemanship is not about competition! It's about the relationship you have with your horse.
With that in mind, we developed the scoring system as a teaching tool. Your score is a way to define and quantify an otherwise subtle conversation that takes place between horse and human every time they interact. You should use your score as a feedback tool telling you how clear your communication is with your horse. For example, a score of 5 on a particular task means that you and your horse are in communication and understand one another 50% of the time you are demonstrating a particular task. A score of 9 indicates you are communicating clearly 90% of the time.
The Mentor Series Home Study Course has four consecutively more challenging courses: Freedom, Awareness, Movement, and Horseman. These can be purchased as a unit at a discount or individually. Each course is divided into four class sections. The four class sections are Round Pen, Ground School, Mounted, and Mounted Refined.
It depends on the course you are working on. Each of the four courses -- Freedom, Awareness, Movement, and Horseman -- is divided into four class sections. The four class sections are Round Pen, Ground School, Mounted, and Mounted Refined. Each class section has various tasks associated with it, depending on the level.
A task is a specific movement or skill you and your horse practice and perform together. The tasks in the courses are carefully designed to improve your horse's education and your skill level safely and logically. The tasks are included in the Mentor Series Home Study Course. Once you are enrolled in the No Dust L.O.V.E. Classes , you will be given access to the on-line classroom that will also list the tasks in the course you are working on.
That depends on you, your horse, and your schedule. Take as much time as you need to perfect the task you are working on. Once you are enrolled, Reis Ranch will send you the tasks and time frames you will have to complete them in your videos. (Of course, editing is not allowed.)
It's so easy to send your video to us! Just a couple of clicks on YouTube and we will do the rest. When you sign up for the Challenge, we'll send you clear directions.